This service is designed to monitor the changes in mother and baby and ensure both are safe. Mothers are advised on measures they should take to safeguard their health and that of their babies. A variety of medical examinations are recommended to detect any risks to the mother and baby. Early detection enables early intervention.
The services offered at this stage include the following:
- Blood pressure
- Blood grouping
- Venereal disease (VDRL)
- HIV test (optional but recommended) and counselling
- Physical exercises (with the advice of an obstetrician and physiotherapist)
Every pregnant woman is handled by professional nurses and doctors who provide them with continuity of care throughout her pregnancy. This includes regular antenatal check-ups, care during the labour and birth, and continuing check-ups after birth. You will be offered an ultrasound scan between 10 and 13 weeks to estimate when your baby is due and after 32 weeks.
The Mater Maternity package entails antenatal visits, delivery and postnatal care.
Antenatal visits only
- Up to 8 visits (including out of office hours visits)
- Laboratory tests (Urinalysis, Haemogram, Blood Grouping, VDRL, HIV – Optional)
- Two Obstetric Ultrasound Scans
- Three months supply of prenatal iron and calcium supplements
- Prenatal classes
Normal Delivery Package (Expectant mothers can take up antenatal visits as above with this package)
- 3 days stay for mother and General Nursery care for the baby
- Ward Procedures & provision of Consumables
- Doctor and Paediatrician visits for the three days
- Labour Ward charges which include medication and episiotomy if necessary
- Pain Medication in the ward
- Child immunisation before discharge
Cesarean Section (Expectant mothers can take up antenatal visits as above with this package)
- 5 days stay in the general ward
- 1 day special care and 4 days General Nursery for the baby
- Laboratory tests
- Maternity operating theatre services, Anaesthetic services and medication
- Doctors visits for the mother and Paediatrician visit for the baby
- Normal ward procedures and provision of consumables
- Pain medication in the ward and on discharge
- Child immunization before discharge
- Both Normal Delivery and Cesarean Section mothers are entitled to 2 postnatal visits up to 6 weeks
First Antenatal visit is on Wednesday and Saturday between 8.00 a.m. and 11.30 a.m . At each visit the mother receives a complete antenatal examination.
Subsequent Antenatal clinics are held on Tuesday & Thursday from 8.00 a.m. to 11.30 a.m. except for emergencies.
For more information please call 020-6903188,020-6903045,020-6903046, 0719073045/46,0732163045/46