The Mater Hospitals Dental Care Clinic offers a full range of dental services for adults and children.These services range from routine dental care to the latest methods in restorative dentistry.The dental unit is manned by highly experienced dental and maxillofacial surgeons who work closely with other specialists at the hospital to provide pre-operative screening for patients with medical conditions that might be affected by their dental health. The use of a Radio Visiography (RVG – which is a digital imaging system) unit by the dental surgeon, enhances dental X-rays for safety and better diagnosis of the patient. The operations routinely performed in our clinic are:
- Basic dental care including gum treatment for bleeding and swollen gums
- Restorative dentistry (permanent filling in decayed teeth)
- The extraction of erupted teeth and the removal of fractured roots
- Management of traumatic injuries of the teeth and the soft tissues of the mouth
- Orthodontic treatment (correction of crooked teeth by fixing braces at reasonable prices)
- Root canal treatment (involves the removal and replacement of the tooth pulp)
- Cosmetic dentistry (whitening brown teeth, porcelain crowns, veneers for broken and discoloured teeth, replacement of missing teeth by removable dentures, fixed bridges and implants).
The Maxillofacial Services
All instruments used are sterilized by autoclaving to prevent cross infection.
Our dental clinic opens as follows;
Monday and Wednesday: 8.00am to 7.30pm
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 8.00am to 5.00pm
Saturday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Sundays and Public Holidays : Closed