Mater counseling services department is staffed by professional therapist whose approach to counseling is wholesome in addressing social, cognitive, emotional, behavioural and psychological issues.
The services are offered to children, youth, adults, couples and families as individuals or in groups, regardless of race, sex, community or nationality.
The following counseling services are offered:
- Career Counseling
- Couple Counseling
- Children & Adolescents with family problems, difficulties in school, personal problems.
- Pregnancy crisis
- Drug, alcohol addiction and other addictions (food, gambling)
- Family counseling
- Genetic Counseling
- Group Counseling
- HIV/AIDS counseling
- Loss, Grief and Bereavement
- Marriage Counseling
- Mid- Life crisis counseling
- Parent child relationships
- Premarital Counseling
- Peer Counseling
- Psycho education on anger management, stress management, assertiveness skills and problems solving skills.
- Personality issues like anxiety, phobias, disorders etc
- Sexual problems
- Suicide intervention
- Trauma counseling
Any information shared with the counselor is confidential and if consultation is needed with your doctor, pastor, employer, family or anyone else, your permission must be sought first.
All sessions generally last for about 50 minutes; this will depend on your problem. Sessions are held weekly unless the counselor or you makes other arrangements.
For more information or booking please call 020-6531199, 020-6903000, 0719073187, 0719073231