We have installed a state of the art Cathlab Unit (Allura Xper FD20) which provides crisp, virtually distortion-free visualization of small details and objects to support cardiovascular procedures.
The machine ensures optimal image quality during minimally invasive vascular surgery procedures.It has automated setting and table-side controls that help clinicians focus on the patient and the procedure.The table tilt and cradle movement enable optimal patient positioning for more invasive or needle guided puncture procedures.And the live 3D image guidance tools provide extra support for complex minimally invasive procedures.
The machine performs procedures for both adults and children. It can be used by both Cardiologist and Interventional Radiologists.
The Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory is run by a team of Cardiologistsboth paediatric and adult and a team of specialised nurses with overseas experience who provide the necessary care to the clients in the Catheterization Laboratory.
Opening hours for the Catheterization Laboratory is 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with provision for flexible hours.
The Mater hospital Catheterization Laboratory is fully equipped to carry out the following cardiac procedures:-
- Transthoracic Echocardiogram
- Transoesophageal Echocardiogram
- Coronary Angiogram
- Diagnostic cardiac catheterization
- Percutanous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty
- Percutaneous Balloon Pulmonary Valvuloplasty
- Mitral Valve Valvuloplasty
- Aortic Valvuloplasty
- Insertion of Permanent Pacemakers
- Re-insertion of permanent Pacemakers
- Insertion of inferior vena-cava filters
- Device occlusion of PDAs and small ASDs
- Vascular Procedures
- Four Vessel Angiogram
- Other Arteriogram e.g. Femoral Arteriogram, Carotid arteriogram etc
The Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory also serves as the hospital heart unit, where full cardiac evaluation is done.This is done by the cardiologists or health specialist during the paediatric and Adult cardiac clinics.
For more information please call (020) 6531199, 020-6903000,6903062,6903063,